Kano (www.kanoapps.com) is looking for a Lead Developer to help drive development on Mob Wars: La Cosa Nostra, one of our most successful games.
Our goal is to build long-lasting player-centric gaming experiences.
The lead will manage a team of developers to continue growing our game and entertaining players. This role will be responsible for development, code review and quality, architecting, estimating, and planning.
We are looking for an experienced developer with a background in developing customer-facing, high-volume and high-availability systems. This candidate will have strong technical abilities, excellent communication skills, and have a passion for providing great experiences to customers.
While we offer flexible hours, this is an in-office position – applicants must be willing to relocate to beautiful Victoria, BC.
- Taking ownership for an entire game’s codebase and enforcing high quality standards
- Setting the technical vision and making key architectural decisions
- Leading a core development team and acting as a mentor for developing talent
- Working with product and creative teams to plan releases
- Delegating tasks and setting deadlines to ensure team success
- Ensuring optimal uptime and technical health of a game for its global audience
Your background likely includes:
- 3+ years experience in a technical leadership role
- Back-end or full stack development experience
- Experience shipping consumer facing software products and/or games
- Strong understanding of OO and modern software design principles
- A strong desire to build something that people really want
It'd be a big plus if you have:
- Experience with game optimization techniques
- Experience with AWS
- Working knowledge or experience with Unix/Linux
- Continuous integration and automated testing experience
Bootstrapped in 2008, we have been a profitable and growing game studio for nearly a decade. With smash hits like Free Rider HD and Mob Wars LCN (Top 100 grossing game on Facebook), and our recently announced FUBAR: Just Give'r, set to release in summer 2019, we connect people through play and put players first.
Locally owned and headquartered in downtown Victoria, BC, we believe in giving small teams of talented people challenging problems and getting out of their way. That’s why we look for the best and brightest to join our team; people who have talent, vision, and commitment.
If you'd like to get a better picture of how and why we do things, check out our employee manual and this fun little video we made.
- 2018 VIATEC Company of the Year (11-49 Employees) - Winner
- 2018 VIATEC Employer of the Year - Finalist
- 2017 VIATEC Company of the Year (11-49 employees) - Finalist
- 2014 VIATEC Employer of the Year - Winner
- A results-driven company with a compassionate culture
- Health and dental benefits
- Profit share program
- Opportunity to work on game projects that are enjoyed by millions of players worldwide!
- Ability to make a difference. Have an idea? Talk directly with leadership about it instead of running through layers of bureaucracy