Kano (www.kanoapps.com) is looking for an intermediate game developer to help drive development on MOB Wars: La Cosa Nostra, one of our most successful games.
Our goal is to build long-lasting player-centric gaming experiences.
We’re a small team where the code you write gets deployed fast. At Kano, you’ll be responsible for development, testing, and code quality.
If you’re a developer and the idea of working collaboratively across creative, marketing, production, and live-ops teams sounds exciting, then we want to hear from you!
We offer flexible hours, an honest and able group of peers, the opportunity to take charge of the work that you do, and the chance to work in beautiful Victoria, BC.
Your background should include:
- 3+ years development with high-level languages (eg. PHP, Java, C#, JS, etc)
- Game development experience
- Back-end or full stack development experience
- Strong understanding of OO and modern software design principles
- A strong desire to build something that people really want
It'd be a big plus if you have:
- You have created applications serving thousands of people at a time
- Experience shipping social or mobile applications (iOS, Android, Facebook, etc),
- Experience with game optimization techniques
- Database experience
- Experience with AWS
- Working knowledge or experience with Unix/Linux
- Continuous integration and automated testing experience
Bootstrapped in 2008, we have been a profitable and growing game studio for nearly a decade. With smash hits like Free Rider HD and Mob Wars LCN (top 100 grossing app on Facebook), we connect people through play and put players first.
Locally owned and headquartered in downtown Victoria, BC, we believe in giving small teams of talented people challenging problems and getting out of their way. That’s why we look for the best and brightest to join our team; people who have talent, vision, and commitment.
If you'd like to get a better picture of how and why we do things, check out our employee manual and this fun little video we made.
- 2018 VIATEC Company of the Year (11-49 Employees) - Winner
- 2018 VIATEC Employer of the Year - Finalist
- 2017 VIATEC Company of the Year (11-49 employees) - Finalist
- 2014 VIATEC Employer of the Year - Winner
- A results-driven company with a compassionate culture
- Health and dental benefits
- Profit share program
- Opportunity to work on game projects that are enjoyed by millions of players worldwide!
- Ability to make a difference. Have an idea? Talk directly with leadership about it instead of running through layers of bureaucracy