Kano (www.kanoapps.com) is looking for a Junior Marketing Analyst interested in marketing F2P social and mobile games. Your work will primarily be focused on, MOB Wars: La Cosa Nostra, one of our most successful games.
We’re looking for a team player who is eager to learn, and who is not afraid to roll up their sleeves and try on a few hats without losing sight of our primary objective: growing our base of loyal customers.
We offer flexible hours, an honest and able group of peers, the opportunity to take charge of the work that you do, and the chance to work in beautiful Victoria, BC.
Under the supervision of the Product Marketing Manager, you will be working with a multifunctional team (product, player success, and development) on things like:
- Collecting data on players, competitors, campaign performance and the overall market to pinpoint trends and consolidate information into actionable items, reports, and presentations
- Managing and strategizing around social media campaigns through content creation, and analyzing and reporting on performance
- Preparing materials for communication channels to support LiveOps/Product objectives, managing and facilitating internal and external communication
- Pitching new ideas on how to further engage with players (via in-game events, ad concepts, etc.) to drive revenue and decrease churn
- Supporting the product team in evaluating and improving existing game features
Skills, Education and Experience Requirements
- Recent graduate of Business, Marketing, Economics or Communications
- Success working under your own initiative in demanding, fast-paced, changing environments
- Ability to quantitatively analyze data and problem solve with a result-driven mindset
- Exceptional writing skills and strong overall communication skills - ability to drive your thoughts forward in a clear and concise manner
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools - Word, Excel, PowerPoint (or Gsuite)
- Strong interest in games and a good understanding of the mobile gaming market!
Nice to have:
- Social media marketing experience
- Previous experience working in games
- HTML/CSS experience
- Copywriting experience
Bootstrapped in 2008, we have been a profitable and growing game studio for nearly a decade. With smash hits like Free Rider HD and Mob Wars LCN (top 100 grossing app on Facebook), and our recently announced FUBAR: Just Give'r, set to release in summer 2019, we connect people through play and put players first.
Locally owned and headquartered in downtown Victoria, BC, we believe in giving small teams of talented people challenging problems and getting out of their way. That’s why we look for the best and brightest to join our team; people who have talent, vision, and commitment.
If you'd like to get a better picture of how and why we do things, check out our employee manual and this fun little video we made.
- 2018 VIATEC Company of the Year (11-49 Employees) - Winner
- 2018 VIATEC Employer of the Year - Finalist
- 2017 VIATEC Company of the Year (11-49 employees) - Finalist
- 2014 VIATEC Employer of the Year - Winner
- A results-driven company with a compassionate culture
- Health and dental benefits
- Profit share program
- Opportunity to work on game projects that are enjoyed by millions of players worldwide!
- Ability to make a difference. Have an idea? Talk directly with leadership about it instead of running through layers of bureaucracy