Senior Game Developer
Kano (www.kanoapps.com) is looking for a seasoned developer with experience shipping/supporting at least 1 live mobile or social application.
We’re a small team where the code you write gets deployed fast. So, at Kano, you’ll be responsible for development, testing, and code quality.
If you’re a developer with experience managing live customer facing products, and the idea of working collaboratively across departments and teams sounds exciting, then we want to hear from you!
We offer flexible hours to accommodate real lives (the ones outside of the office too!), a good natured and nerdy group of peers, the opportunity to make an impact in the work you do, and the chance to work in beautiful Victoria, BC.
The things we’re looking for in your background:
- Experience in cross team collaboration, mentoring peers and asserting your technical know-how
- Experience shipping and supporting social/mobile applications (iOS, Android, Facebook, etc)
- 5+ years development with high-level languages
- Creating and supporting products that serve thousands of people concurrently with ease
- Game development experience would be sweet - but working on a SaaS product is cool too
- Strong understanding of OO and modern software design principles
- A strong desire to build something that people really want (we work on and develop the features that our players want!).
It'd be a big plus if you have:
- Experience leading teams or products
- Experience with game optimization techniques
- Experience with AWS or other cloud infrastructure
- Working knowledge or experience with Unix/Linux
- Continuous integration, build pipelines, and automated testing experience
Bootstrapped in 2008, we have been a profitable and growing game studio for over a decade. With hits like Free Rider HD and Mob Wars LCN (top 100 grossing app on Facebook), we hope to contribute to the world by connecting people through play.
Locally owned and headquartered in downtown Victoria, BC, we believe in giving small teams of talented people challenging problems and getting out of their way. That’s why we look for the best and brightest to join our team; people who have talent, vision, and commitment.
If you'd like to get a better picture of how and why we do things, check out our employee manual and this fun little video we made.
- 2019 VIATEC Employer of the Year - Finalist
- 2018 VIATEC Company of the Year (11-49 Employees) - Winner
- 2018 VIATEC Employer of the Year - Finalist
- 2017 VIATEC Company of the Year (11-49 employees) - Finalist
- 2014 VIATEC Employer of the Year - Winner
- A results-driven company with a compassionate culture
- Health, dental and vision benefits
- Profit share program
- Opportunity to work on game projects that are enjoyed by millions of players worldwide!
- Ability to make a difference. Have an idea? Talk directly with leadership about it instead of running through layers of bureaucracy