At Kano, we aim to connect our players through play. Our Community Manager will facilitate these social interactions between our players in and outside of the gameplay experience. The role of the Community Manager (CM) is to grow the Kano gaming community into a vibrant user base that can be leveraged to play Kano games and use Kano products. You’re committed to making memorable player experiences. You’ll be managing and working on creative and engaging content that will entertain and excite our player experience. You’ll work with our entire LiveOps team to ensure timely information is released to our players and community. While we do offer remote work and flexible hours, preference will be given to those candidates located closest to Victoria, B.C.
The CM’s goals are to:
- Increase (positive) engagement of users in the community (in-game and through external channels that Kano controls - forums, app pages, twitter, etc)
- Grow the community’s user base
- Utilize external community channels to drive players back into the games
- Create internal systems, processes and metrics to facilitate a Kano community management framework
Your day-to-day Responsibilities:
- Creating and managing the production of weekly livestream content, eventually moving to camera/player facing, on screen youtube content, managing social communication around weekly content, sharing/retweeting, responding to and monitoring comments and messages
- Cross posting content across our social media platforms
- Coordinating content with marketing team, scheduling events with our product team
- Assisting with PR opportunities to further exposure of specific games or the studio overall and working on social media influencer and cross-platform campaigns.
- Understand our player base and game pain points by interacting with our players and PLAYING OUR GAMES!!!
- Creating player-facing Guides for Programs and Packs as needed.
- Teasing upcoming releases for features and Programs.
- Be the internal community advocate and provide feedback in the mindset of our users.
- Take part in Player First meetings to highlight any player feedback or trends to appropriate stakeholders.
- 2+ years’ experience in online community management, preferably within the mobile game space.
- Demonstrated experience in best practices across mobile, email, social media, and video mediums.
- Can write original and engaging copy for social posts, newsletters, and in-game news features
- Ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines.
- Detail-oriented and excellent organizational skills: accuracy is essential.
- Strong writing skills (the CM will write program guides and blog entries for players).
- Experience within game development environments is highly preferred.
You Have or Are
- Bachelor’s degree and/or college diploma in Marketing, Public Relations, Communication, or equivalent experience.
- On top of the latest mobile games, trends, and what’s happening in live events.
- Hungry, humble, and smart and can use these three pillars to impact you and those around you.
- Solution-oriented, self-motivated, and diligent.
- Community-minded, whereby a collective mission of the project is a shared priority.
- Previous experience as a community manager or forum manager on a social media platform (i.e. Instagram, Twitter, Facebook etc) is an asset.
- Previous experience filming, editing and posting Youtube and Twitch content
- Entrepreneurial, curious and resourceful
It would be nice if you have:
- An interest in games, are a gamer,
- A familiarity with the following tools: slack, google suite, JIRA
Bootstrapped in 2008, we have been a profitable and growing game studio for over a decade. With hits like Free Rider HD and Mob Wars LCN (Top 100 grossing app on Facebook), and our recently announced FUBAR: Just Give'r, we hope to contribute to the world by connecting people through play.
Locally owned and headquartered in downtown Victoria, BC, we believe in giving small teams of talented people challenging problems and getting out of their way. That’s why we look for the best and brightest to join our team; people who have talent, vision, and commitment.
Check out this article if you'd like to get some insight into our hiring process, this one to gain insight into what a day-in-the-life of Player Success is all about, our employee manual to understand how and why we do things the way we do, or this fun little video for an intro to the team. Or follow #kanoapps on social!
- 2020 Great Place to Work - Best Workplaces in Canada - Less than 100 Employees
- 2019 Great Place to Work - British Columbia
- 2019 VIATEC Employer of the Year - Finalist
- 2018 VIATEC Company of the Year (11-49 Employees) - Winner
- 2018 VIATEC Employer of the Year - Finalist
- 2017 VIATEC Company of the Year (11-49 employees) - Finalist
- 2014 VIATEC Employer of the Year - Winner
- A results-driven company with a compassionate culture
- Health, dental and vision benefits
- Uncapped profit share program
- Opportunity to work on game projects that are enjoyed by millions of players worldwide!
- Ability to make a difference. Have an idea? Talk directly with leadership about it instead of running through layers of bureaucracy
*Kano is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, medical condition, religion, marital status or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law*