Head of Growth
We are looking for a leader. A growth marketer who is an expert at paid user acquisition and marketing across a variety of channels. You know how to develop a strategy for the long-term and to deploy effectively against that plan to realize a vision and goals. You lead through influence and are up to date on market trends. Above all, you have the resilience and capacity to manage ambiguity, uncertainty and complexity.
As Director of Growth Marketing, you will be responsible for devising and executing a growth marketing strategy for Kano games.
- Have a strong working knowledge of multiple user acquisition channels and be comfortable setting strategies for new user acquisition and re-engagement / retargeting.
- Be comfortable allocating investments and resources across a portfolio of titles as well as buying efficiently across different channels with the ability to unlock new growth opportunities as they surface (Example: Emerging channels like TikTok, Reddit, etc).
- Possess good negotiation skills and be able to build strong partnerships in the market.
- Know the market leaders and your competition, and be able to perform effective marketplace SWOT analysis against them
In this role, you are expected to:
- Strategize and execute across all user acquisition channels and diversify the buying mix through different channels. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Setting strategy for new user acquisition and re-engagement/retargeting
- Setting local market strategy and tactics for major geos and regions
- Create long- and short-term scenarios and projections and clearly articulate to key stakeholders across the company
- Perform marketplace SWOT and competitor analysis on a portfolio of titles
- Exercise best judgement on allocating and moving investments and resources across a portfolio of titles, and mentor the team through the process
- Understand the impact of App Store Optimization (ASO) on ranking and conversion metrics of the title and set a strategy to drive results
- Build internal systems to improve processes and productivity, and make recommendations to support a growing organization
A major aspect of this role will be to build internal, cross functional partnerships to better collaborate against shared goals. This will include:
- Partnering with the game teams to understand product roadmaps, features, design and economy, and how they translate into revenue
- Working with marketing creatives to set creative strategy together and unlock growth for each title and marketplace
- Working with data science to build reporting tools for growth marketing, ROAS modelling, channel audits, etc
- Collaborating with finance to adjust the strategy and expectations of growth marketing through campaign results
- Setting the vision for the growth marketing team and working with each individual to plan their professional growth
Experience we are looking for:
- 5+ years of experience of performance marketing for mobile games and a strong understanding of ROAS modelling, cohort analysis and digital marketing analytics
- Strong analytical skills and evidence of making data driven decisions
- Proven track record of working effectively with cross-functional teams and across all levels of the organization
- Deep working knowledge of the mobile advertising space and its channels
- Excellent negotiation and creative problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including ability to effectively present and share information across the organization
- Experience working with P&Ls and defining financial key performance indicators
We’re a fast-growing company and your role will be constantly changing and evolving. We’re looking for team players eager to roll up their sleeves and try on a few hats without losing sight of our primary objective: growing our base of loyal customers. We will empower you with as much responsibility as you can handle and expect you to do whatever it takes to get the job done.
This position is open to remote applicants however, preference will be given to candidates willing to relocate to beautiful Victoria B.C.
Bootstrapped in 2008, we have been a profitable and growing game studio for over a decade. With hits like Free Rider HD and Mob Wars LCN, and FUBAR: Just Give'r and we hope to contribute to the world by connecting people through play.
Locally owned and headquartered in downtown Victoria, BC, we believe in giving small teams of talented people challenging problems and getting out of their way. That’s why we look for the best and brightest to join our team; people who have talent, vision, and commitment.
Check out this article If you'd like to get some insight into our hiring process, our employee manual to understand how and why we do things the way we do, and this fun little video for an intro to the team!
- 2020 Great Place to Work - Best Workplaces in Canada - Less than 100 Employees
- 2019 Great Place to Work - British Columbia
- 2019 VIATEC Employer of the Year - Finalist
- 2018 VIATEC Company of the Year (11-49 Employees) - Winner
- 2018 VIATEC Employer of the Year - Finalist
- 2017 VIATEC Company of the Year (11-49 employees) - Finalist
- 2014 VIATEC Employer of the Year - Winner
- A results-driven company with a compassionate culture
- Health, dental and vision benefits
- Uncapped profit share program
- Opportunity to work on game projects that are enjoyed by millions of players worldwide!
- Ability to make a difference. Have an idea? Talk directly with leadership about it instead of running through layers of bureaucracy
*Kano is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, medical condition, religion, marital status or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law*