At Kano, we aim to connect our players through play. Our Player Success Manager will facilitate these social interactions between our players in and outside of the gameplay experience.
We’re looking for a proactive and positive Player Success Manager (PSM) to join our LiveOps team. The PSM will oversee and be accountable for Player Support, Community Development and Player Representation. Your primary goal is to be the driving force behind our Player Obsession Core Value while proactively and reactively servicing our players to provide them with the best experiences possible.
To reach this goal, you’ll work with Product and Developer Leads to understand and prioritize player feedback and concerns.
While we do offer remote work and flexible hours, preference will be given to those candidates located closest to Victoria, BC. or Montreal, QC.
The PSM’s goals are to:
- Be the "Voice of our players"
- Grow our LiveOps game communities
- Leverage our external community channels to drive engagement and re-engagement in our games
- Define, measure, analyze, improve and control Player Success metrics
- Create internal systems and processes to facilitate a Kano community management and player support framework
- Work with the LiveOps team to ensure timely information is released to our players and community.
- Moderate and grow our social media pages and fan groups
Your day-to-day Responsibilities
- Player Support
- Oversee player support from both the team and players perspective
- Set and analyze metrics to help improve player support
- Evolving player support processes
- Act as the voice of our players to follow-up on live issues and provide feedback in their mindset to the rest of the LiveOps team
- Own and evolve our player support strategy at Kano
- Community Development
- Oversee the growth and management of our social media channels
- Managing the prompt responses to our players from social media and game reviews
- Leverage our communities for in game player engagement and reengagement.
- Voice of our Players
- Identify, track and work with Product Leads to prioritize issues
- Act as a stakeholder for bugs and player feedback
- Demonstrated experience in best practices across mobile, email, social media, and video mediums.
- Proven work experience as a Player Success Manager in the gaming industry or similar
- 5+ years of project management and/or customer experience management
- Strong verbal and written communications skills in English
- Ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines.
- Detail-oriented and excellent organizational skills: accuracy is essential.
- Experience within game development environments is highly preferred.
- Previous experience as a community manager or forum manager on a social media platform (i.e. Instagram, Twitter, Facebook etc) is an asset.
You Have/ Are...
- Solution-oriented, self-motivated, and able to set priorities
- Entrepreneurial, curious and resourceful
- The ability to grasp player’s needs, suggest solutions and provide reasoning
- In-depth knowledge of LiveOps games
- An understanding and background in marketing communication principles and best practices
- An understanding of digital design principles, user experience design and deliverability best practices
- Experience with and understanding of web and unity technology. You don’t need to code, but you need to competently understand the capabilities and limitations of the technology that empowers the experiences we’re building.
- Constantly strive to find opportunities to improve processes and drive personal growth
- Hungry, humble, and SMART and can use these three virtues to impact you and those around you.
Bootstrapped in 2008, we have been a profitable and growing game studio for over a decade. With hits like Mob Wars LCN (Top 100 grossing app on Facebook) and our latest release Idle Distiller (Top 100 Grossing Simulation game on Google play) we hope to contribute to the world by connecting people through play.
Locally owned and headquartered in downtown Victoria, BC, we believe in giving small teams of talented people challenging problems and getting out of their way. That’s why we look for the best and brightest to join our team; people who have talent, vision, and commitment.
Check out this article If you'd like to get some insight into our hiring process, our employee manual to understand how and why we do things the way we do, and this fun little video for an intro to the team!
*Kano is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, medical condition, religion, marital status or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law*